Wednesday, 21 October 2009
Ten free web resources to keep up-to-date with science scholarly journal contents include:
- CiteULike Current Contents
- Feed Navigator
- Zetoc RSS
- Myfavourite Journals
- Ebling Library Health Sciences
For more info see http://tinyurl.com/yllxg9k
Friday 23rd: 9.30am-5.15pm
Saturday 24th: Closed
Sunday 25th: Closed
Monday 26th: Closed
Tuesday 27th: 9.30am- 9.30 pm
Monday, 19 October 2009
Lenus is the Irish Health Repository which is an Open Access initiative. It has over 4,500 full-text resources encompassing clinical research, policy evaluation, statistics and official publications and is the only Irish resource of its kind.
The content includes 3 collections :
1. HSE (includes HSE publications categorised by broad subjects, theses, archive of former health board publications and minutes)
2. Other Irish health publications (includes DOHC publications and other Irish health organisations)
3. Research Articles (this is a work in progress with the intention of including up to date articles of interest to Irish health professionals).
This is a broad collection and it is not limited to the HSE; it is a national resource and contributions are most welcome.
Thursday, 15 October 2009
The inner blood-retina barrier currently blocks the vast majority of clinically validated drugs for treating degenerative eye disease. But the Trinity team has demonstrated a technique in pre-clinical models to open the barrier transiently to small molecules, such as therapeutic drugs, while keeping harmful substances out.